Day 2038 (Thursday) 29th October

It was a lovely day again, not as good as yesterday but very nice

A vase of flowers on a table

Description automatically generated

On the way to the station I saw these lovely plants outside one of our neighbours front door.

A plant growing out of the window of a house

Description automatically generated

I was a bit early for school so I went to the park to take these photos of Fontvielle

  A view of a city

Description automatically generated

A view of a city street

Description automatically generated

This is the museum of stamps and money

A view of a city

Description automatically generated

As I’ve mentioned before there is not much sun in Monaco because of all the high rise buildings but I have found a spot outside the school and this is where I sit while waiting for my next class.

 A picture containing outdoor, sidewalk, building, stone

Description automatically generated

And this is what I look at

A close up of a busy city street

Description automatically generated

It’s not exactly Villefranche but it’s warm.

I also saw this little train, which I have never seen before

A truck on a city street

Description automatically generated

Natacha told me what had happened in a church in Nice this morning and I was horrified. Huw found this short article on it…

Three people have died in a knife attack at a church in Nice, in what French President Emmanuel Macron said was an "Islamist terrorist attack".

He said France would not surrender its core values after visiting the Notre-Dame basilica in the southern city. Thousands of troops are being deployed to protect churches and schools.

In Nice, one elderly victim was "virtually beheaded", officials said. Another woman and a man also died.

A male suspect was shot and detained.

Anti-terror prosecutors have opened an investigation into the attack and France has raised its national security alert to its highest level.

French media are quoting sources close to the investigation as saying the attacker was a 21-year-old Tunisian migrant, however the authorities have not provided any details.

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi spoke of "Islamo-fascism" and said the suspect had "repeated endlessly 'Allahu Akbar' (God is greatest)".

I spent an hour and 15 minutes with a 11-year-old boy again and he’s still super-polite. A midday Norma, Natacha’s assistant helped me do my very complicated pay claim – yippee – a full month’s money, first time since July! I was about to settle down to do some prep because I had a three-hour wait for my next student (I wish they’d stop doing this) so I was delighted when Norma came to tell me that Valeria has cancelled this afternoon. So I went home and will still get paid – result.

I’m sure you know that Macron gave a speech last night about lockdown; he talked for 25 minutes and managed to say nothing! But we got the message that it’s not good news. The Prime Minister is going to go into the details this evening. Natacha sent me a certificate to say that I am outdoors due to my job but I hope it’s not going to come to that. We are now off to Le Phare because it’s our last night of freedom but we still have to be home by 9pm – what a strange world we are living in.   

We had a beautiful pink sky again this evening

A group of palm trees next to a body of water

Description automatically generated


Comments

Popular posts from this blog