Day 720 (Wednesday) 29th
May 2019
We managed to find a spurt of energy last night and now the living room is
just about done.
Badger has found a new place to sleep during the night – on my head!
What a day it was today; we had
to check out Huw and Tracy from Cactus Roc and get it ready for the owners who
are arriving this afternoon. We were just about to get on Kisbee when we saw Kevin
and Angie and her niece going to the beach; they were dressed like tourists and
had all their beach kit with them, we were so jealous. It was hard work getting
the apartment ready but we did it in just over two hours and we were both
aching by the end of it.
We went home for half an hour
then Huw took me to Saint Jean. When we were getting on Kisbee a group of women
wearing pink blouses got off the train and were heading to town, the
bride-to-be was wearing a veil – what a strange choice of destination for a hen
night.
Florence wasn’t there today and
neither was Claree so I spent an hour and a half with 9-year-old Ocean today
and the cute puppy called Havana. Considering I don’t like children I rather
enjoy working with Ocean and it amazes how long she can concentrate, she really
is very sweet. I finished a bit earlier than usual because the lesson came to a
natural end so I had a little walk around Saint Jean before going to the bus
stop. It is a really lovely little town and it was so good to see it coming
back to life for the season.
The bus was late and full of
English people wearing very skimpy clothes – it’s lovely and warm today but
it’s still not skimpy clothes weather – it never should be skimpy clothes
weather for a lot of fat people. The traffic was hideous so I sent a text to
Guillaume and Jeannine warning them that I might be late. Being British I
detest being late but luckily the French do not have the same obsession as we
do about punctuality. I was only seven minutes late but I still hated it. Guillaume
told Jeannine about his leaving and she was really sad too but after he left
she asked me if I could do private lessons with her after the season is over.
She manages a small hotel in Nice so she will be flat out for the next four
months but in October she would like to start again with me so I will get more
black money – yay!
Nice was full of skimpily dressed
people as well and most of them sounded British or American and most of them
really shouldn’t wear such skimpy clothes. Monaco has a law that stops near
nudity off the beach and I think this should be applied along the whole Cote
d’Azur.
I had a bit of a wait for the bus
home from but it wasn’t too painful. I called into Le Phare for a well-earned
beer before going home – it was a very long day. I saw this photo on Facebook
that Kevin had posted this morning. We often watch this fisherman coming and
going from our balcony and I was amazed to see the size of his catch - who
would have thought that the Med was so plentiful – I’d have thought that the pollution
from the boats and ships would have killed a lot of the fish but hopefully I am
wrong if this photo is anything to go by.
Today’s French sound is
Blow a
raspberry
Difficult to spell,
this is the noise that babies make when they blow out their cheeks, or the
noise of someone making a farting sound.
Unlike in British and
Americans cultures, though, in French this is not rude, it's simply a way of
saying 'I have absolutely no idea'. It can be used as well as or instead of a
shrug if you've asked something that is simply impossible to answer.
















Comments
Post a Comment