Day 660 (Saturday) 30th March 2019
Huw got up super early and I tried to have a lie in but there was too much to think about and so I gave in and got up too. Huw took Kisbee to the new flat with some bags and I walked down carrying two paintings. On the way down I saw Iain and Nancy and they had made enquiries about us all joining the boules club and it’s going to be easy. Marie-Claire (Seb’s mother) had a new blouse in her shop and told me that as soon as she saw it she knew it was mine and when I saw it I saw it was true – she is a real temptress and very good at it! When I got to the flat Huw was hard at it and as I was changing into my skivvy clothes I got a call from Dee who was in the area and dropped in for a coffee. She said she loved the place and was very happy for us; it was so lovely to see her positive reaction.
I was really pleased with the yellow wall in the kitchen
We spent a few hours painting and cleaning and it’s looking so much better already and we keep marvelling at the views.


Geoff and his partner Clement called around and they also raved about the flat and offered to take us to Troc to buy the kitchen unit on Monday so let’s hope that it hasn’t been sold. A few minutes later Iain and Nancy turned up with a bottle of rose to bless our new home. There is virtually nothing in the flat but we managed to find six receptacles to raise a toast to 44 Rue du Poilu
 
From left to right; Clement, Nancy and Huw
It was great to see that the tourist boats are running again…
At around 4pm we decided to call it a day and Irish Harry called us to look at the four dining chairs he wants to get rid of and we liked them.

These are Harry’s views


He helped us carry them down the road (their place is about 100 metres from us) and then we went to Le Phare to meet Iain and Nancy and Geoff and Clement for one drink before riding home to feed the poor, neglected Badger who was very happy to see us.

French phrase of the day…
22. Nous voudrions commander maintenant. – “We would like to place an order now.”
To “order” in French is commander, when you're talking about ordering something in a restaurant. Don't confuse this with ordonner, which is used in the sense of “to order a person to do something”, such as in the military.
After receiving the carte or the menu, and perhaps informing the waiter of your dietary restrictions, you may be given some time to make a decision. When you're ready, say “nous voudrions commander maintenant” – “we'd like to order now.” It’s also acceptable in nearly any restaurant to use on instead of nous for we, as I mentioned earlier: On voudrait commander maintenant.
Or if you're by yourself, say je voudrais (I'd like) instead of nous voudrions (we'd like).

Bon appétit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog