Day 601 (Wednesday) 29th January 2019
I got the bus to Beaulieu this morning and at first it was a bit cloudy so I wore my new jacket but when I arrived the sky cleared and it was a beautiful blue again. This building is near Super U supermarket and I’ve never noticed before that it is called ‘Palais des Anglais’
I was a bit early so I went for a short walk around Beaulieu and saw this display in a flower shop
It’s made out of roses but I’m not sure how appropriate the word ‘sex’ is here – love and flowers yes, but sex? Ah well, each to his own.
I caught the bus to Saint Jean and spent an hour and a half with Florence and her lovely daughter Claree. I had 15 minutes to wait for the bus so I went for a little walk around Saint Jean and took these photos.
 

There is some interesting art in Saint Jean and I rather like this one of a headless torso…


…and it’s even better from this angle…
I’m not so sure about this couple though…
After seeing all the Christmas decorations still up in Nice I wasn’t all at surprised to see that they are still up in Saint Jean as well

Just like Villefranche Saint Jean is a ghost town at the moment
I had a look at the shop window in one of Saint Jean’s many estate agents and quite fancied this one; Loft with 3 bedrooms 140msq, close to beaches and shops, sea view, terrace, garage, I,980,000€
 
Huw met me at the bus stop to go shopping in Picard, which is a very upmarket version of Iceland. People have been raving about this shop so we hoped to be inspired but sadly we weren’t. But we did have a laugh at the vegetarian sections that included chicken and prawns.

The flowers were looking great in the sun
and when we got home we suffered sun envy big time

A few weeks ago I was chatting to a great friend in the UK who is a brilliant fashion designer and I have loved every item of clothing she has ever worn. I’d been bragging about the weight I’ve lost saying that I almost have a proper waist now and thought that maybe I could now wear one of her creations. I had one dress in mind and she remembered exactly which one and told me that she still has one in stock. She sent me the measurements and I realised that it needed to be taken up 10cms at the hemline. She made a fantastic deal with me including the adjustments and post and packaging and it was agreed. It arrived today and it’s fantastic and 100% silk; if I’d ordered it as a made to measure customer rather than a friend it would have cost me £390, she has asked me not to expose the price I actually paid but let me just say, it was a bloody marvellous deal and I am now the proud owner of my first ever designer dress

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog