Day 352 (Friday)
A very early start for me today as I had to be in class in Nice at 9am. For once I didn’t have to wait too long and I got a seat, why can’t it be like this every day? I was a bit early so I walked along Avenue Jean Medicine and found a better shot of the narrow building near H&M. The room on the top floor must be minute.
I had a very pleasant two hours with Vincent and Isabelle and they looked really pleased that I’d done my research and found vocabulary about furniture and real estate. From the tram I saw something being erected in Place Massena but I have no idea what it is yet. These tent structures are not usually there so I’d better do some research as we don’t want to miss out on anything.
After the crap with the 81 bus on Wednesday I decided to walk down to the old port to get the dreaded 100. I saw this rather strange sight in Place Garibaldi; there were people sitting inside these structures having what looked like a serious meeting. It’s pretty hot today so they must have been sweltering in there.
The 100 bus was there and I got a seat all the way home. I’m so happy that I don’t have a bus story to tell you today! I spent a glorious afternoon sitting in the sun and practising my French with Duolingo.
I noticed these new flowers in our neighbour’s garden downstairs – it’s such a waste of a lovely garden.
We walked down to the old town for our usual Friday sundowners and walked the extra pretty way along the seafront and saw these cacti in flower – I don’t think I’ve ever seen this before.
We also noticed a tree growing out the citadel’s wall; surely the roots will cause great damage to this 400-year-old wall?
As we got closer into town we noticed the light catching these trees in the car park and I swear they were half this size last year.
Despite the lack of colour of the restaurants’ furniture, Market Square is looking lovely but I do miss the fountain.
 
When we got to Le Phare we were amazed to see that it was packed with tourists because of the Grand Prix weekend and Seb had put up a table opposite, outside his mother’s clothes shop for us.

I do think that the tourists should have been to sit opposite, not us. The usual suspects were there including Sean, Andy, Chadwick, Helene, Christian and Spanish Alex and as usual we had a great laugh. Louise, Kev and his brother Paul also joined us and I’m proud to say that we were the first to leave because we wanted to be all nice and fresh for the big day in Monaco tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog