Day 327 (Monday)
I was so very tired this morning after such a hectic weekend but it was back to normality. I got an email from Julia asking to get the three bedroom apartment ready for some friends of hers arriving on Friday. I asked Beth to help me and she said she will let me know. I hope she can because I really don’t want to do it on my own. It’s strange to think that James, Sue and Kay are still in Villefranche somewhere.
Huw gave me a lift to work; it was bliss not to have to catch the bus. I emailed Guillaume to ask if I can take the bank holiday off tomorrow and he agreed, yay!
Laurence was first and it all went smoothly but then it got confusing. I had a message to say that Somane can’t come and Emanuel is sick. Somane was meant to be with me for two hours so that means I have to hang around for two hours. I asked reception to call Pascal and he agreed to come 3-5, I still had to hang around for 45 minutes but at least I didn’t have to work till six.
I got a text from Stella telling me that I probably can’t get the kitten because he will be too young to have his injections by the time she leaves Corsica. I know I hadn’t decided 100% that I was going to take him I was quite disappointed.
The lift was still broken and the walk up the steps is tough but it was great to see how quickly these red flowers are growing.
 
The first bus that came along was full, yet again but it wasn’t too long before the next one came and I managed to get on first again today and got the last seat – I’m really getting good at this pushing in lark.
When I was almost home I noticed that this mother in law’s tongue on our street is also flourishing.
As I got in, Huw went out to meet a very old friend and her family who have been visiting the Cote D’Azur from Milan where they now live.

I caught up on the blog a bit but I’m still very behind. Hopefully I can catch up on my day off tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog