Day 296 (Friday)
It was lovely to have a whole day off but it wasn’t very sunny today, which was a real shame. I had an email from William at International House School offering me some work with an exam preparation student. I was really chuffed that he hasn’t forgotten about me. He wants me to work every afternoon so I had to tell him that I’ve signed a contract with Languazur until the middle of May so I gave him my availability and he said he would put these hours to the potential student. I hope this works as I love going to that school. We walked into the old town and it was quite chilly so we were gobsmacked to see this idiot snorkelling in the sea.
The restaurants and bars in Market Square are due to reopen this weekend for Easter and although the building work isn’t finished the bars were getting ready to open, a real sight for sore eyes. We can’t wait to see Villefranche in full action again.
These parasols are new. Did you know that parasols are umbrellas for the sun (sol) and parapluie are umbrellas for rain (pluie)?
The usual gang were in the bar except Sean, we haven’t seen him for two weeks but at least we’ve been getting home earlier when he’s not there. Iain, Nancy and Kevin were there along with Andy and Chadwick and Louise called in for a few before going out for dinner. We made some plans for the Easter egg hunt picnic in Nice on Monday. We then made plans with Iain and Nancy to play boules on Sunday followed by another picnic on the beach – such socialites! 
I took this on the way home and I know it’s not a very good picture it does show that Villefranche is almost fully alive again.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog