Day 174 (Tuesday)
Lovely and sunny again but a definite nip in the air today, so no summer frock for me today but still sitting outside in a T-shirt.
I told you that I’ve been having rugby conversations with Guillaume well I had another email from him today ranting about if France can’t beat Japan what on earth are they going to do in the six nations. I sympathised with him and he also told me that he is going to Cardiff in March to watch Wales vs. France so I gave him some recommendations about where to stay and how to find Caroline Street, a street near the best stadium in the world which is comprised of just chip shops (how I would love a bag of chip shop chips). This is all good fun but still no mention about the job.
I have received some letters in French about my new self-employed status and as much as my French is improving it certainly isn’t anywhere near good enough to read anything official so Andy has very kindly offered to help me. As I was walking down the hill I saw a couple in front of me approaching four male policemen all in full uniform and carrying guns and they all new each other and stopped in the street and they all exchanged kisses, including the male civilian. It does take a very long time to say hello and goodbye here, but it’s lovely. I also saw my first fur jacket of the winter, it looked very stylish but I wish they wouldn’t wear real fur.
I walked the pretty way into town and took these photos to show Huw which buildings still have the sun after 4pm because when we do have to move next May we’re thinking of finding somewhere with maximum sun all year round.
I also checked out the work on the square and it doesn’t look any different to last week.

I went to Andy’s flat and he helped me to complete one of the forms that I have to return to them. I still don’t really know what this means but I’m just doing what I’m told. When the paperwork was done we went to Le Phare so that I could buy him two beers to say thank you for his help, by doing this every time I ask him for a favour I can keep asking for his help.
The one good thing about clouds appearing at this time of year and that is the glorious sunsets, it’s like seeing a light show in the sky every evening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog