Day 146 (Tuesday)





Huw had gone when I got up and it’s really weird without him. I had to get an earlier train this morning as my student wants to change the time slightly and as I was a bot early I used a map and found the place for my interview this afternoon, which wasn’t too far from International House. The class went well and time flies with this student. I had a quick chat with Annick over a quick sandwich and we tried to make a plan to catch up this week.
The interview took half an hour and I think went well and I believe I answered all the questions but hey, who knows? It’s for a part time business English job, which I did in Madrid, it wasn’t my favourite job by any stretch of the imagination– but a job is a job.
Helene and I arranged to meet this afternoon so I called her from Nice station to give my ETA and when I was walking into the old town she came to meet me.
We went to the lovely café on the seafront because it was still in full sunshine and ordered a glass of rose each. We hardly know each other, just a few chats amongst the noise of Le Phare on a Friday evening so it was really nice to chat and get to know each other and I believe she is as well-travelled as us and I can see quite a few stories being exchanged in the future. We had one more rose and I was a bit horrified to see that they were €6 each!

I walked home to an empty flat had some leftover poulet roti for dinner and had a franglais text chat with Huw. We put a bird feeder up on the terrace when we first moved in and I’m happy to say that three little birds have finally found it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog